Senior Software Engineer Gothenburg
We usually respond within three days
We are hiring a full-stack Senior Software Engineer to join our tech team! Join our mission to simplify logistics for small and medium-sized businesses by building an intuitive and well-thought-out shipping platform.
About the job
In this role you will shape the Sendify platform in its very technical foundation, implement new features and maintain the existing code base. Additionally, you will have ample opportunity to take on the business perspective, act as customers' advocate by solving their needs, or step up for the team by finding clarity in the product development fog.
We are looking for someone who has worked in a start-up-like environment before. Ideally, you have a deep understanding of the implementation cycles of a software product. You’ll work closely with product, design, and customer success colleagues and have a significant impact on the Sendify platform. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Build a scalable cloud service (GoLang, React, Typescript)
- Facilitate integrations with various e-commerce platforms and logistics solution providers by means of an API-first approach
- Improve the operational efficiency of Sendify through automation
- Design and implement new features from idea generation to production
- Participate in roadmap planning and system design decisions
- Collaborate in pair programming and pair-review sessions
- Mentor junior members of the engineering team
- Continuously improve Sendify’s development practices
What we’re offering
We are an open-minded, collaborative and curious team of seven full-time engineers within an organization with 70 people. You’ll be encouraged to express your ideas, explore new technologies, be yourself and most of all have fun. You’ll work with other smart people to find creative solutions to tough problems.
We’re bringing people together in a low-ego environment; we don’t believe in being stuck to a “one-way only” or “this tech is the best” mindset. The environment we’re in is complex and ever-evolving, we move faster with open minds and open hearts.
In addition to entering a helpful and explorative culture, we also offer:
- Occupational pension
- Health benefit
- Accident insurance
- Dog-friendly office
- Parental leave benefit
- Always work half-day before a red day
We are aiming to use best-in-class technology. We experiment a lot at the edges, but the core of our system remains clean and stable. Our stack is built around TypeScript, React, Amplify, GoLang, K8S, AWS, MySQL, Gitlab CI/CD, and Pulumi.
What we're looking for
To succeed in your new role, we believe you:
- have multiple years of proven track record as a full-stack Software Engineer
- are proud of your achievements in shipping well-tested and
well-architected web applications
- are keen to keep up with trends and best practices in the industry
- are up for suggesting improvements continuously
- have built scalable cloud-based services with AWS,
and Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform/Pulumi)
- have experience in TDD and BDD
- strongly believe in the power of UML and OOP
- are fluent in English
It’s a bonus if you:
- have founded or been employed in a product startup previously
- have Docker/Kubernetes knowledge
- have experience building GoLang- and React-based applications
- have CI / CD experience (especially with GitLab)
- are fluent in Swedish or/and German
About Sendify 📦
Logistics is built on top of handshakes, phone calls, and unread emails left in inboxes. Ever felt how easy it is to miss an email in your inbox? Imagine building your business on the same workflow.
Sendify helps ambitious small businesses to ship smarter. We wrap together real-time pricing, comparison, booking, and tracking in a clean and unified interface to allow customers to spend their time on their business, not logistics.
Meet our teams & product!
Built for small businesses looking to save time and money, Sendify is a web-based shipping service that empowers anyone to optimize their supply chain and ship smarter. Parcel or pallet, across the globe or around the corner, shipping is easier with Sendify.
Since our start in 2016, we’ve helped more than 15 000 small businesses around the world spend less time and money on shipping and more time on growing their business. This makes us known as the shipping and logistics solution for growing businesses in Sweden and Germany.
Senior Software Engineer Gothenburg
Loading application form
Already working at Sendify?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.